PHP Web Developer
PHP Web Developer | WordPress | £25K – £35K | Flexible Working
The successful candidate will be working with the development team to build and maintain a variety of bespoke, mobile-first websites. Our projects range from small WordPress brochure sites for local businesses to large WooCommerce sites for national brands.
The ideal developer will be passionate about developing high-performance websites that adhere to Google’s best practices: delivering a great user experience, fast load times and reliable security measures. As a strong team player, you’ll have the discipline to follow existing processes as well as being forthcoming with suggestions for improvement.
A typical day will involve managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with the support of the project manager, head of development and designer. Organisational skills, a positive can-do attitude and regular verbal communication are therefore expected on a daily basis in order for us to complete work to the highest standards.
The role is office-based with 1 day remote working per week available.
- WordPress & WooCommerce custom theme development
- PHP & MySQL
- Advanced Custom Fields plugin for WordPress
- Running updates to WordPress and plugins, fixing bugs along the way
- Experience in optimising WordPress to Google and GTMetrix criteria
- Awareness of SEO and the importance of semantic HTML elements
- Mobile-first responsive development
- Capable of exporting assets from an Adobe XD file
- Operating an Apple iMac
- Comprehensive testing process and an eye for detail
- Experience in setting up payment processors e.g. Stripe, PayPal, Sage, WorldPay
- Experience using Git
- Experience with Hosting platforms such as cPanel/Plesk
- Experience developing integrated websites
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing & updating new bespoke WordPress & WooCommerce sites
- Ongoing maintenance of the 50+ websites in our current portfolio
- Planning new websites with the project manager, head of development and designer
- Quoting on work based on wireframes
- Testing new development work thoroughly
- Keep up-to-date with latest technologies / services / trends
- Open-minded attitude to adopt new practices
- Ensuring our websites comply with Google’s best practices
Career progression and training:
Further to the main work on WordPress we also create bespoke web and mobile applications, there will be ample opportunity for a developer to learn these technologies and other modern technologies throughout their career.
£25,000 – £35,000 DOE
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Training courses included
- Company events & social hours
- Friendly / family environment
- Office-based working with 1 day remote working (Wednesdays)
Monday to Friday 8am – 4:30pm
Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
Please provide 3 examples of websites you’ve created.
Please save yourself time and do not contact us if you are freelance or a recruitment agency!!